5th International African Palliative Care Conference
Differntiated care for diverse communitites. Hosted by the African Palliative Care Association and the Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance. Speke Resort | Munyonyo | Kampala | Uganda16 Aug 2016 to 19 Aug 2016 |
In Africa and globally, fervent efforts are underway to improve the quality of life of children and adults with life limiting illnesses, aligned with WHA67.19: Strengthening of palliative care as a component of comprehensive care throughout the life course.
This conference will therefore be instrumental in facilitating the sharing of evidence, lessons, best practices and innovative approaches for accelerating the achievement of global, regional and national commitments on palliative care.
It will also focus on sharing strategies towards greater access to hospice and palliative care by all those who need it, including access at the primary health care level and cross-cutting areas such as research, monitoring and evaluation and sustainability.
The conference will bring together hospice and palliative care providers, patient groups, researchers, donors, development partners, government representatives and education institutions from Africa and across the globe to share best practice and research results with a view to improve access to palliative care on the continent. Delegates will also take stock of the gains realised since the last conference of September 2013.
The conference will provide a forum for:
- Reviewing progress on the African continent based on the WHA Resolution
- Setting new palliative care implementation agendas based on the new global frameworks
- Accountability to stakeholders, including patients and donors
- Exposure to innovative approaches
- Advocacy for more palliative care development
- Bringing new players on board
- Collaboration, networking and building effective partnerships
- Shared learning among delegates.
Click here to find out moreShare this on: