19th National Conference: Managing drug and alcohol problems in primary care
Prevention is a core component of the new Public Health England agenda. Primary care is being challenged to implement broader preventative and early intervention strategies with drug and alcohol users. The conference will examine and consider primary care's role in these important interventions, whilst updating delegates on the usual mix of interventions for managing drug and alcohol problems in primary care.
This joint RCGP and SMMGP conference is the largest event in the UK for GPs, shared care workers, drug users, nurses and other primary care staff, specialists, commissioners and researchers interested in, and involved with the management of drug users in primary care.
- Hear the most up-to-date information on drug and alcohol treatment in primary care.
- Learn from professionals at the heart of the profession.
- Engage in networking opportunities.
- Diverse format of high-profile plenary sessions, smaller workshops and poster presentations, led by some of the best speakers in the sector.
- An opportunity to network with peers and experts and make useful contacts.
- An opportunity to contribute to and take part in the programme through short papers and poster sessions.