Third Regional Conference on Harm Reduction
The Middle East and North Africa Harm Reduction Association (MENAHRA) will be holding its 3rd Regional Conference, in Beirut- Lebanon from 23rd till the 25th of November 2016. The theme of this year’s conference is “Reduce Harm, Ensure Rights”. The program will include plenary and main sessions, concurrent sessions, as well as workshops, and dialogue space and poster presentations.23 Nov 2016 |
MENAHRA is planning to organize the “Third Regional Conference on Harm Reduction” from 23-25 November 2016 in Beirut.
MENAHRA aims to advocate and encourage the adoption of harm reduction strategies in the MENA region and to stress on the Rights of Key populations to End AIDS. The conference is anticipated to host around 200 professionals, activists, communities and academics engaged in harm reduction strategies.
In order to create a programme which truly represents best practice and current activities across the region, MENAHRA are keen to receive submissions.
The main goal of the conference is to advocate for and promote Harm Reduction in the countries of the MENA region and to foster networking between civil society organizations and other stakeholders working in the field.
- To exchange information and to share experiences and research among experts, civil society, government organizations and key population representatives from the region
- To update the participants on the latest information on harm reduction programs
- To advocate for a higher political commitment from stakeholders and donors in the region
- To encourage the documentation of successful experiences in harm reduction, for further use in advocacy and experience sharing
- To promote, scale up and to expand the MENAHRA Network activities